Read Read Read

Friday, December 17, 2010 @ 4:31 PM | (0) comment/s

I just finished reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest last Monday. :)

I accidentally found the first book of this trilogy, The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, last June in PageOne, Vivo City, SG.

Photobucket
The original cover for The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, the first book of the trilogy

I have heard about The Girl With A Dragon was a fab book and it already had it movie. ( I haven't watch the movie yet. I think I'm buying the DVD) I never knew that there were still 2 continues novels after it. SO I bought it immediately. But i kept it in my lock shelf in my hometown's room. Thus, The Girl With A Dragon still neatly wrap with the plastic. Sort of regret buying books without checking. I went to Jusco last week and found that there was a promotion going on there. The whole complete set of the trilogy, The Girl With A Dragon, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, with a ridiculous cheap price, RM 79.95 with 20% off. count the money you need to pay by using your calculator.
the price rounds off to Rm 63.95.
cheap right?

When a novel becomes a movie, the novels become no.1 bestseller and even get INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER, I think you don't need to think twice to grab this book and read it. If you are lover of Thriller genre and non-fiction, then these novels definitely suit your style. It has a very engaging storyline that can make you think and guess and flip the page. It fulls of adventure and hidden story of this society. It reveals all the ill deeds or those psycho characters. It tells you about what is the real society this world is. It is a crime-story novels.

As the tittle of the novel has stated, The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, the main chareacter is a female. Her name is Lisbeth Salander. and there is also a male main character, Mikael Blomkvist. From the name of the characters we know that they are neither american not english. The author himself is a swedian, Steig Larsson. and it is a swedian novel. in fact, the movie of The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo is in swedish with english subtittles.
The translation novel is already in the shelves of everywhere bookstores.

This trilogy is highly recommend to those who seeks adventure and thrills :D

The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo - With English Subtittle


The Girl Who Played With Fire - Swedish Trailer


The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest


that's all the trailer i could find. btw, Mikael Blomkvist not that good looking as i hope for ;)

The author, Steig Larsson had passed away shortly after delivering the manuscripts for the trilogy. He died of heart attack. too bad he can't enjoy his hardwork. :(

I hate it when I read a book and then I realised that the author has passed away not long ago. It just made me upset more.

Anyway, enjoy reading !

Labels: