Let's talk about EGG

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 @ 9:39 PM | (0) comment/s

when i was having my breakfast this morning at the usual place, just opposite my hostel, i realized that i have eaten 4 eggs yesterday. FOUR. gosh. that's a lot.

i listen to what my mom told me. have 2 eggs everyday due to my current health situation.
she said egg contains a lot of proteins and vitamins and benefits you and all.
(nah, I'm not going to talk about the pros and cons of egg. because I'm not a certified dietitian/nutritionist/doctor. I'm merely just a student. in fact, I'm not even a science student. LOL)

but it is so contradicts with advice given by my aunt.
my aunt told me not to eat egg too much because of the cholesterol. she told me that it doesn't affect only the elderly but also people in their teens or twenties. she told me to eat egg the most 3 in a week.
she told me that the cholesterol level you get is from the food you eat in the past few years, it is accumulated over the years since you were young. So, eating egg too much at old age doesn't straight away cause your cholesterol level rocket up. your cholesterol level is high because when you were young you didn't take care of your diet so it accumulated till you are old.

bah. sometimes i really don't know who to follow.

and then there is another input by my dad.
he told me to eat egg at least 2 or 3 everyday. not half'-boiled egg. not omelet. not fried egg.
he told me to boil the egg in a cup of water. and mix it while it is heated. =.=
it will produce kind of foam. lol. u can try. the egg just exxxpaaannddd.
i saw how he cooked the other day, it make me puke. like literally, you are eating some yellowish thingy and foamy stuff.. eek..
oh, of course he has his own theory. =.= quite lame theory.
he said Mozart ate 3 or 4 eggs each day. ya. i don't know whether he exaggerated or not. but he sounds convincing. and that's the reason why Mozart is so smart. you know. Great Composer and all. Brilliant Mind. bla bla bla. so he told me that if i eat 3 to 5 eggs each day i might one day become like Mozart. Duh!
i told him i don't believe him. i blame my gene for not being so in-born smart-ass in my DNA. i blame they didn't give me good opportunities to do stuff that now i regret didn't start it in the past.

but well, get back to the point. how much egg is good for us? how much is not too much??!!!